Monday, May 26, 2008

NEW BLOG!!

Hey, so Dustin and I decided that we should have a joint blog (like joint custody) because we're married now and it's only right. We call it the Beck files because Dustin's family has this thing for the X-files and Dustin always calls them the Beck-files. And I think it's a freakin' cool name.



This weekend has been pretty busy - on Saturday Dustin and I helped Dustin's Mom, Cindy, clean construction in a house her boss built. It was a huge place and it took the three of us five and a half hours to clean, but we made enough money to finance our trip down to Utah this next weekend for Kelsey's wedding. We're so excited to come! Sunday was uneventful, but today has been busy. We went ver to Dustin's work at Deal-A-Day Golf (formerly Lucky Tee) to organize the stock room and all the inventory. It was a CRAZY mess, but we got most of it organized, and I go in every once in a while to help out when I have free time. We borrowed Dustin's brother's pickup to haul a bunch of boxes to the dump, only to realize one we got there that it's Memorial day and the dump was closed! Unfortunately this realization came right as a massive downpour started, so we ended up with a truckload of soaking cardboard boxes. :) Oy.


It's been raining like mad here the last couple weeks, so everything is green and pretty, which is unusual for Rexburg. :) We're happy about it because our garden is coming in nicely without watering it, but the farmers are upset about not being able to plant. Dustin's Dad, David, manages Danny Summers' 7000 acre farm here and they've been delayed in planting because of the rain. There's only three weeks in the planting season, so it's not a lot of time for the farmers to get everything in the ground, and if it's too wet they can't plant.



Dustin and I are excited to go see Ironman tonight! We heard it's a really good movie, and there's nothing else to do tonight because of the rain, so we figure why not?



I'll have to let y'all know how it turns out. Let's face it, a guy in an iron suit blowing the crap out of everything in sight? I think it'll pass muster.

1 comment:

Emily W said...

Lindsey, guess what ben and i saw on Memorial Day, that's right Ironman, and it was rainy down here too :(

THE BECK FILES