Friday, November 14, 2008

Update

I know it's been a while since I've written anything on our blog so I figured we'd give an update about things here. About a month ago we had a scare when Dustin was called into a meeting with his bosses and was told that unless he could bring in $10,000 a month they could no longer employ him. (Entirely putting aside the fact that for at least four consecutive months he was bringing in $15,000-$30,000 in sales. Not that I'm bitter.) With winter in the northwest that figure is almost impossible to make, so Dustin was without a job!

Luckily we have righteous friends who listen to the Spirit, because two days before this meeting with his bosses one of Dustin's best friends called us and told us about a job at a psychiatrist's office he temped at as an Office Manager. The pay was twice what we could make in Rexburg so I called the Doctor and chatted with her for about twenty minutes and she hired me over the phone. When I went in for a meeting (this was the day after Dustin's bosses dropped the bomb), she asked if I could work full-time. With my job at the office Dustin and I are more than able to meet our bills and can even start saving a little each month for troubled times.

I've been working at the office for a month now and this week found out that the practice will be closing eventually. Another panic attack ensued, but once again we were incredibly blessed by Heavenly Father. Somehow, someone, somewhere heard about our situation and either spoke to the school or someone received inspiration and I was informed that I had received a scholarship called "Award of Excellence" from the school. This scholarship is usually reserved for incoming freshman who have had an astounding high school academic record. The money, though, was already in my account waiting to be picked up. I was going in on Monday to drop my classes because I could not find another job that fit around my school schedule and decided to drop by the scholarship office just to check on the mistake. The only thing they would tell me is that it is a one-time gift because we met certain qualifications and if I was going to withdraw I should take the money and deposit it first. It was an amazing blessing because with the amount we were given and Dustin's last paycheck from Lucky Tee we will be able to meet our bills entirely for a month just in case something were to happen. It takes a lot of pressure and worry off of our shoulders. Heavenly Father has really blessed us in the last few months and I strongly believe it is because of paying our tithing.

Another update about the pregnancy will hopefully be coming soon; on Monday I have a doctor's appointment and I don't know if he'll be doing an ultrasound or not. According to the original due date we are 19 or 20 weeks and due for an ultrasound sometime soon. I missed my last appointment because I was starting the new job, so that puts us a month behind in check-ups. I don't know if we really are 19 weeks along, but when we have our next ultrasound and he can measure the baby we'll have a better idea. But don't get your hopes up, we still aren't finding out the sex until it's born!!

Progress has been made on baby names, however. Dustin really likes the name Desmond for a boy, and I am growing to like it. We'll see. There are some names we're still vetoing from each other, but I know we'll find one eventually!

For those of you (coughcoughdadcoughcough) who keep bugging us about pictures, they're coming! I wanted to wait until I got past the looking fat stage and into the looking pregnant stage, but I don't think that's ever going to happen, so just be a little more patient and once we find our camera we'll take pictures of my poking (and kinda cute) belly.

Love you guys!

1 comment:

Dee Oviatt said...

Hey, I'd settle for just about anything! (coughcoughpictures, coughcoughphonecall, coughcoughtextmessage, coughcoughletter, coughcoughyougettheidea).

THE BECK FILES