For our wedding Dustin and I received a lot of giftcards to various stores like Target, Bed Bath and Beyond and Walmart. We were really grateful because we needed some stuff for the house and the giftcards would allow us to get what we needed and have the choice as to what we should get. We got three Target giftcards and two BB&B giftcards but once we got back to Idaho realized that we didn't know where two of the Target cards and one of the BB&B cards were. We couldn't find them anywhere and even went through all the wedding cards we had received looking for them.
Eventually after a few months we gave up and decided that we must have lost them because they were absolutely nowhere to be found anywhere in our apartment.
Well, after over a year of marriage I was going through Dustin's fireproof box that he keeps important documents in. We have our Social Security cards, original patriarchal blessings, credit cards, etc in the lockbox so that just in case something happens they'll be safe. As I was looking through I found the American Eagle Silver Proof Coin that Brother and Sister Brown gave us for our wedding. It comes in a blue velvet box with the American Eagle symbol on the top, and is inside of another blue box that looks like a jewelry box.
This is a picture of what the coin and velvet box look like.
This is a picture of what the coin and velvet box look like. I decided to open up the boxes to look at the coin and guess what I found? The missing giftcards!! :) While Dutin and I were opening gifts I put the giftcards in the coin box because they were a perfect fit, but forgot about it! Then when we got home Dustin put the coin in our lockbox because he knew it was a collectors item and wanted to keep it safe. Silly us - then we BOTH forgot about it until I found them yesterday! :)
It actually worked out really well because we have been wanting to buy a new digital camera before the baby is born. We have been using one that Poopa gave me when I went to college and although it has worked well so far it wouldn't be able to handle the amount of photos we'll be taking or give us the quality of pictures that we'd like. Also I accidentally left the cord to download the pictures at my old work when I left and wouldn't be able to get it back because the boss lady is off her rocker and hates me now. So anyway, the giftcards will put a nice dent in the cost of a digital camera for us and we'll be able to choose one that has the features we'd like and will (hopefully) last us a good few years!
2 comments:
Lindsey that is so awesome! That is such a blessing. I am so excited that you will be able to get your digital camera now!
Autumn says, "That is so great, so great you found it!"
Post a Comment