Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

Halloween here was an interesting day! I wasn't really planning on taking Silas Trick-or-Treating this year because he's still little and I wasn't really in the holiday spirit, but I was at DI a couple weeks ago and found a couple of super cute costumes for $2.00 each. I figured, what the heck?

The day was a little chilly but we figured it would be fine weather for a short time of Trick-or-Treating, but at about 3:30 it started pouring rain and got really windy and cold! I had promised Dustin that I'd dress Si up and bring him to see Daddy at work because Dustin always works Saturday nights, so we got him all gussied up and loaded in the car to go see Daddy. My cousin Hannah came with us, but I didn't get a picture of them together because I was in such a hurry!


Dustin and Silas at Dustin's work. The employees got to dress up for Halloween but Dustin couldn't think of anything to be and didn't want to go out and buy a costume. Last minute I told him he should go as an "Email," so I cut an E out of a halloween sign, attached it to a fake letter, and slipped a paperclip on it. He was an Email with an attachment. :)



Hannah took this picture of Si on our way to Chic-Fil-A. We had gone upstairs to show Si off to Grandma and she gave him a Tootsie Pop. He stole it out of his candy bucket and popped the whole thing in his mouth, paper and all! You can see how miserable it was outside.


Angela was with a friend but met us at Chic-Fil-A to see Dustin. She dressed up as a punk rocker for Halloween, but it's pretty much what she wears everyday so I gave her a hard time about it!



The close-up! We taught Si how to growl like a lion, but he was so shy with people that he only did it a couple of times. He did try to invade a couple of homes on the block, though! The weather cleared up as we were on our way back from seeing Dustin at work so we did go to maybe 6 houses just on our street. It was too cold to spend more time than that outside! Silas really had fun!
My favorite part was that when we'd knock on the door to Trick-or-Treat and someone would hold out candy, SIlas would reach into his own bucket and give them a piece instead of taking one! It was so cute! He couldn't get used to the idea of people giving him candy just for knocking on their door - I guess he thought it was more of a trade!





1 comment:

Dee Oviatt said...

Dustins as an email with an attachment (to you?) ... how very clever. Thanks for including the precious photos of Silas. Angela, how much candy did you get? And Lindsey, what was your costume???

THE BECK FILES