This bread is delicious. You might be thinking, what's so great about pumpkin bread? Well...Everything, really.
Now granted, it does have a little more sugar for one loaf of bread than I normally enjoy, but the whole wheat and no oil totally makes up for that, right?
I got this recipe off of everydayfoodstorage.net. It calls for oil, but you can substitute the same amount of bean puree as you would have put in oil. Rock on, right? It's pretty, it tastes delicious, and it's (technically) healthy. I love my life. (And by the way, I used homemade pumpkin puree, powdered eggs and powdered milk for this.) Food storage ROCKS!
Not to mention, Silas will eat it, which makes me happy. I'm beginning to think that he's going to be my parents revenge for the fact I only ate chicken fingers for about ten years of my life. Heaven help me.
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 egg whites (or 2 T. dryPowdered Egg + 1/4 C. Water)
1/2 cup fat-free milk (1-1/2 T. Dry Powdered Milk + 1/2 C. Water)
1/4 cup canola oil (1/4 cup white or pinto bean puree)
2 cups whole wheat flour
2-1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
PREHEAT oven to 350ºF. Grease a nonstick 9×5-inch loaf pan; set aside. Mix pumpkin, 1 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, 3 of the egg whites, milk and oil in large bowl. Add flour, baking powder, pie spice and salt; stir just until moistened.
SPOON the pumpkin batter into prepared pan.
BAKE 1 hour to 1 hour 5 min. or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Run knife or thin spatula around edges of pan to loosen bread; cool in pan on wire rack 10 min. Remove bread from pan to wire rack; cool completely.
No comments:
Post a Comment