Tuesday, January 4, 2011

So close

Well, there's 10 days until my due date left. Dustin and I are keeping our fingers crossed for a baby this week, though. We're hoping this little man decides to come this Thursday or Friday (so in two or three days!). Dustin's boss only scheduled him until tomorrow because he knew Silas came a week early. Dustin would be able to use vacation time for Friday and Saturday and then he always has Sunday off. That would give us a few days to get used to a new baby before Dustin starts school on Monday! Man it's gonna be crazy. So everyone send positive thoughts that this baby will be ready to come this weekendish! :) 

 I still need to get the Christmas stuff up but I can't find some of my pictures, so this will have to tide you over. 

Silas has been really interested in reading. When he gets quiet I know one of two things are happening: either he's doing something he shouldn't, or he's reading. I love when I find him like this:


He'll sit there and just look through book after book. If I'm in the room (and very often when I'm  not) he'll start yelling, "Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!" until I look at the page. Then he'll point to something and tell me about it. Sometimes he reads or sings outloud to himself and does a little shimmy dance. It's SO cute! I wish I could have caught it on video last night but he stopped when he saw me reach for the camera.

1 comment:

Dee Oviatt said...

When Mom was expecting Brian (and way two weeks overdue), I found that the only thing that helped her go into labor was pulling the carburetor off the car to rebuild it. As soon as the car was out of commission, Mom went into labor. Good luck!

THE BECK FILES