Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A pretty darn good Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving we went to Dustin's Grandma's house and had a dinner with pretty much the whole of Dustin's Mom's side of the family. It's tradition to have everyone over there. Last year on Thanksgiving Dustin and I were both really sick - he had Strep throat and I had Mono - so it was nice to be there and feeling well.

After dinner we went home and were just relaxing when I found a vinyl couch set on Craigslist. It was an overstuffed chair and couch for $100, navy colored. Dustin and I have been wanting to get rid of our old red velvet couch for a long time, so we jumped right on that bandwagon and went over to see the couch set right away. It turned out the couple we bought it from had just found out they had to move across the country in two days and were getting rid of almost everything they owned. We got the couch set, and offered to buy their IKEA coffee table as well for $20. They threw in two end tables that matched the coffee table for free. We got an entire living room set for $120.00!

We went home and got rid of our computer desk, desktop, bookshelf, and three bags of books (Dad, you will be happy to hear that I threw away all of my Stephen King books) and managed to fit the living room together. It's amazing because our furniture actually MATCHES! :) We went to Walmart, too, and got some Navy curtains with black rods so even our windows match. Honestly after all that we don't want to move! I think we'll be OK living in our little apartment for a while longer, at least until the baby is old enough to start needing space to run around.

On Friday Dustin and I had a little Thanksgiving of our own. I had to call Dad and ask him how to cook a turkey because I had no idea what I was doing. Dustin got the house put together while I cooked, and we watched Santa Claus 2 while we ate. It was really fun. Of course we had so many leftovers I still don't know what to do with them all!

Saturday we got our little 2-foot-tall Christmas tree put up with a strand of lights around it and one going from the tree up the side of the wall to the ceiling. Because I'm a cheapskate and don't want to pay a bazillion dollars for Christmas ornaments/decorations, Dustin and I bought some origami paper for $3.00 and made ornaments for the tree. I think it's cute! There's a couple of little Santa Claus's and mostly there's "bulbs." It was fun.

We're still really excited for our Ultrasound on the 9th, and then on the 11th Dustin's brother, Jason, gets home from his mission!

No comments:

THE BECK FILES