
We went to the doctor on Friday and we heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time!! It was the coolest experience of my life! (Other than, you know, marriage.) It was so fast! 176 beats a minute. Thump-thump-thump-thump-thump-thump! It kind of solidified the idea that there's really something in there. Yeah, there's morning sickness and fatigue, but the first trimester kind of stinks because you don't have the big round belly and you can't feel the baby move, so everyone (includng yourself) just thinks you're getting fatter and most are too polite to say anything. It was really special to actual hear that there's a little life growing in there! I can't wait until our next ultrasound when we'll (hopefully) get a printout of the picture. The last one was cool, but we couldn't really see anything because the baby was so little. It just looked like I was growing a peanut.
Dr. Zollinger said that at 12 weeks the top of the uterus ascends from the true pelvis (which is beneath the bone at the lower part of the abdomen) into the false pelvis and that's how you can hear the heartbeat. I read that the ascension can occur at ten weeks, but because I really want to be three months along, we're going with his 12 week assesment. WHOO-HOO! I guess this means you guys can spill the beans if you want to. All my teachers and Brother Walz have outed me to about 150 prefect strangers, so why shouldn't good friends and family know? :)
Dustin and I are getting really excited for Halloween this year. The Beck's alays have a little family party where we buy candy, rent horror mvies, eat pizza, and cater to the trick-or-treat-ers. Halloween also means that Dustin's brother Jason is only a month and a half from coming home! He found out we were pregnant (Dustin's grandma spilled the beans on accident) and just about died, the poor kid. Dustin wasn't even dating anyone when Jason left, and now he's married and going to be a dad! It's good though and Jason's super-excited about being an uncle. We're all excited to have him home, Cindy most of all, of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment