It's official, - we're lame. This weekend we spent every evening over at Dustin's parents place, wathcing TV and hanging out. I would look at Dustin and say, "I wanna go crash your parents' place," and he'd say, "OK," and we'd go.
Friday we met Tiffany's new boyfriend for the first time and I was afraid we scared him off. Friday is laundry day at our house (which means we skife his parents' machines for six hours) and so here I am with a basketful of garments folding them on the table - all our underwear for this poor boy to see. In my defense, I warned him before I pulled them out of the dryer, and he chose to stay. So there.
Saturday we bought Dustin some new jeans and went grocery shopping in Idaho Falls. Can I just say that I LOVE Winco!??! Especially their bulk foods section where you just put everything into a bag - spices, cereal, candy, pasta, flour, sugar - they have everything and it's cheap! The only down side is that we have to go to Idaho Falls, which I'm pretty sure makes up for the cost difference. Luckily we had to go anyway to find Dustin's pants, and we purused Barnes ad Noble to boot, which is like heaven in a store. Three birds with one stone, I love my life.
While we were in B&N (They should rename it to ABTS - Almost Better than Sex) I found this amazing book about cupcake decorating. Yes, maybe it's odd that my excitement rests with dessert decorating, but you all benefit, right? That's Dustin's philosophy when I get all domestic and cook-y. He indulges me, and then enjoys yummy nonsense I spend hours toiling over.

Anyway, this book rocked. It's called Hello, Cupcake! It's all about decorating cupcakes to actually look like otherthings. They had a "dinner" set, which had the cc's decorated to look exactly like a homecooked dinneer with potatoes and gravy, carrots and peas, and corn on the cob. This is a customer from Amazon's results when he tried corn on the cob cupcakes!
I showed Dustin the carrots and peas one without telling him it was fake, and he said, "Ugh, that's disgusting! Who would put that on a cupcake?" It was decorated with green frosting, lime runts, and cut-up orange starbursts. Clever, huh? This is the same Amazon person's results trying the crocodile cupcake cake. I love this book! It was about $20.00 at B&N, but on Amazon you can get it for around $10 including shipping. I also happen to have a love affair with Amazon. 
Let's see, that was the culminating event of Saturday... Sunday Dustin taught the lesson in nursery - we had seventeen kids and five workers. UGH!! I love children, and I am so excited to be having one, but let me put emphasis on that last word - ONE!!! That's all I could handle, and all I want to handle. After church we changed clothes and headed over to the Beck's - we brought our own food because I felt bad have mooched off them all weekend, But Cindy planned for us and already had the meat marinating and the potatoes baking.
Poor Dustin has been trying to lose weight and was so good about bringing a lean cuisine over to eat. We buy them despite their being $2 each because it's lower calories and portion control, which Dustin struggles with. Then we get there, he eats his meal, and two hours later Mom has steak and potatoes ready for dinner!! I was really proud of him though, because he ate the (small) potato and about four bites of his steak, and then was done. Usually he would muscle through everything, top it off with a big glass fo milk, and then maybe go back for seconds, but he drank a big glass of water before we sat down, ate slowly, and stopped when he felt full. Props to him!!! I'm going to really try to help him with this by keeping fresh fruits/vegetables in the house and having salads and healthy food ready for him to just grab out of the fridge. I also have to curb my cravings, because if I send Dustin to the store for something, he's going to eat it too and/or grab something he was craving that day. It'll be a team effort, but I have no doubt he can do it.
Not much else to report on - the morning sickness is almost under control, as long as I eat breakfast and keep snacking during the day. I bought some Eggo Waffles, which aren't the best thing, but it's food whereas otherwise I would just not eat anything before I left the house, and then try to go all day. Today was actually a really good day once I got the waffles down! I got a small headache and had to take a nap, but other than that the morning sickness was almost non-existant! YAY for Eggos!! School is crazy and I'm feeling overwhelmed, but I keep reminding myself that it's taking me that much closer to graduation and being able to stay at home with our kids. I have never wanted so badly to be a stay-at-home mom, and I'm so grateful to Dustin for working so hard to make that happen! Maybe that's why I get all excited about things like decorating cupcakes. I want our kids to look back and say, "Man, I remember those Puppy cupcakes Mom made for the school bakesale - they were freaking awesome and all the kids wanted their moms to make them, too!" Silly insignificant stuff, but I want our kids to have silly stuff that was special for them to remember, like how I remember Mom sneaking into my room in the middle of the night to decorate it for my birthday and waking me up. Small in the grand scheme of things, but BFG (big freaking deal) to a little kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment