Saturday was Dustin's 24th birthday. I'd been planning for it for about 4 months, being all sneaky so he wouldn't have any idea what was going on. On Friday I kidnapped him from work at 1:30 and we were off! I had found this Bed and Breakfast online called Smithland B&B located outside of Downey, Idaho. It's out in the middle of nowhere (the closest neighbor is five miles away), and the innkeepers are the nicest people you'll ever meet; Aprille and Steve Smith. They own quite a bit of land, 4 horses, a pony, a million cats, and a great big teddy bear of a dog. The whole place is run off of wind and solar energy, and Aprille makes a homemade breakfast every morning that will knock your socks off.
I reserved the "suite" for two nights which meant we got a jacuzzi tub - ahhhhhhhh. It's a cozy cabin with porches and great hiking all around it. Aprille even let us raid her ample garden, and baked us fresh homemade bread! We really didn't want to leave! We're talking about making it a family tradition, and Aprille offered use of the crib for the next time we were there! It was an amazing weekend, and a perfect way to start the new semester. Unfortunately the one thing I didn't pack was the camera, so I don't have any pictures, but here is the website http://www.geocities.com/smithlandbb/ . I would completely recommend this place to anyone who wants a personal, cozy experience that it much better than any hotel!
1 comment:
Lindsey that sounds like so much fun, what a fun weekend for you guys.
Post a Comment